GYS Flip Flap Welding Helmet
- Shade 11 dark screen for welding
- UV/ IR DIN 15 Protection
- 2 screens :
– 1 flip screen with fix shade 11
– 1 clear screen (shade 0)
Clear shade: 0
Dark shade: 11
Reaction speed: Manual
Back to clear speed: Manual
Field of vision: 97×80 mm
Weight: 425 g
Applications: MMA 25 150 / TIG 25 175 / MIG-MAG 25 200
Standards: EN 175 / EN 379
We are members of The Garage Equipment Association (GEA), working together to deliver excellence.
Regardless of the size of your business, we can give you the best service contracts for your workshop and garage equipment whether it be for installation, inspection, maintenance, breakdown repairs or calibrations.
A welding helmet is a type of headgear used when performing certain types of welding to protect the eyes, face and neck from flash burn, ultraviolet light, sparks, infrared light, and heat.
Welding helmets are most commonly used with arc welding processes such as shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and gas metal arc welding. They are necessary to prevent arc eye, a painful condition where the cornea is inflamed. Welding helmets can also prevent retina burns, which can lead to a loss of vision. Both conditions are caused by unprotected exposure to the highly concentrated ultraviolet and infrared rays emitted by the welding arc.
Ultraviolet emissions from the welding arc can also damage uncovered skin, causing a sunburn-like condition in a relatively short period of welding. In addition to the radiation, gasses or splashes can also be a hazard to the skin and the eyes.
The modern welding helmet used today was first introduced in 1937 by Willson Products.
Most welding helmets include a window covered with a filter called a lens shade, through which the welder can see to work. In most helmets, the window may be made of tinted glass, tinted plastic, or a variable-density filter made from a pair of polarized lenses.
GYS design and manufacture three product ranges:
- Equipment for welding. GYS offer one of the largest ranges of welding machines, accessories and consumables for all potential users, from the most advanced applications in industry to general maintenance and repair uses.
- Equipment for battery maintenance. Manufactured in two factories, GYS offer an extremely wide range of battery charging and maintenance products. More than 50 years of production have firmly established the brand reputation of GYS around the world.
- Equipment for car body repair. GYS offer the largest range of repair equipment in the world for vehicles involved in accidents i.e dent pulling, welding, riveting, lifting, induction heating systems (as well as many additional tools). This range has been developed in partnership with the world’s major automotive manufacturers who trust us day after day.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.